MTM Ranch: Horseback Riding in Payson/ Christopher Creek, Arizona
Thank you for visiting our website. Please feel free to browse our website for more information on our horseback rides. We offer a variety of rides for various levels of experience and fitness.
- Home Page: Looking for horseback riding near Scottsdale and Phoenix? Enjoy the great outdoors horseback riding with MTM Ranch. We are one of the most experienced ranches in Arizona, offering horseback rides since 1987.
- About Us: Find out more information about MTM Ranch's horseback tours in AZ. Horseback riding tours range from one hour to a whole day experience.
- Trailrides: Our trailrides are a great way to experience the beautiful Arizona desert. Find out about the different trailrides we offer on horseback.
- Special Rides and Packages: Find out what specials MTM Ranch is offering, including seasonal horseback rides and unique packages.
- Testimonials: Read reviews and testimonials of MTM Ranch, offering horseback rides for visitors and tourists in Scottsdale, Phoenix, and the surrounding areas.
- Contact Us: Contact MTM Ranch for any information on horseback riding in Arizona.
- Horseback Riding Scottsdale: MTM Ranch offers horseback riding near Scottsdale, just 15 minutes north of Westworld in the Scottsdale Airpark.
- Corporate Rides: Looking for a group ride for your organization or company? A horseback ride through the beautiful Arizona mountains is a great adventure for any size group.
- Explore Cave Creek AZ: Make a day out of your time in Cave Creek, AZ. Just ten minutes north of Scottsdale and Phoenix, Cave Creek offers a unique and charming Arizona experience.
- Nearby Phoenix Escapes: Looking for an escape from the city? A few miles north of Phoenix is Cave Creek, a great place for dining, horseback riding and the old-west experience.
- Horse Rescue: MTM Ranch rescues horses in Arizona. If you want to help, or if you have a horse that you are unable to care for, please contact us.
- Site Map: Pages and links for MTM Ranch in Carefree / Cave Creek AZ.
260 TO SEE CANYON TRAIL EXPERIENCE
FIRST: Pick up your wrangler at the See Canyon Camp Ground,
Go Highway 260 to Christopher Creek Turn off. Drive less than a mile into downtown Christopher Creek. Tall Pines store will be on your right. STOP! Across from the store is a Dirt Road # FR 274? Go north on that road 2.5 miles to the very end. You can not get lost. It is a dead end. At the end will be the Big White Horse Trailer and MTM Wrangler. The wrangler will leave the trailer there and this will be your destination / End of ride. Cool, wooded, shady and watered.
*there is a restroom at each end of the trail
Then You Will Shuttle to:
DIRECTIONS TO 260 TRAILHEAD EAST OF CHRISTOPHER CREEK
Leave Payson on highway # 260 heading toward Christopher Creek. Continue 20-25 minutes:
PAST: Kohls Ranch, PAST: Christopher Creek Cutoff, PAST: Colcord Rd.
Past Colcord Road 2.1 miles on the left , Look for the 260 Trail Head.
This is where the horses have already been dropped off and are corralled.
Wrangler will later shuttle you back to your car with the truck and trailer. Do not bring valuables and leave them in your car. If you must, lock them in the trunk.
FISH HATCHERY TRAIL TO HORTON SPRINGS
Highway 260 to Kohl's Ranch. Instead of turning Right to go to Kohl's Ranch Resort --- Turn LEFT heading toward the Fish Hatchery. Go about 1 mile across a single lane small concrete bridge, go across bridge and turn left into parking lot. Please find Big White Horse trailer with your Wrangler.
LEAVE YOUR CAR THERE WITH ALL VALUABLES LOCKED AWAY.
Get in the truck with your wrangler and headup to the trailhead. Don't forget food and water.
You will end up in this parking lot in 3.5 hours from when you leave the Hatchery Parking lot. Please pack 4 small bottles of water and bring a small lunch to enjoy at the Springs.
Make a Payment
Call MTM Ranch Today!
We offer horseback rides near Scottsdale in the town of Cave Creek / Carefree. Follow Cave Creek Road north from Phoenix, past Carefree Highway almost two miles and just as the road begins to head East, Spur Cross Road will be on your left; take it North four miles through all the curves and dips. The pavement ends right at the driveway to the ranch.